Monday, May 9, 2011

More Mother Love...

Hi bloggin' buddies! :)

Spring is the word of the week here in Maryland. We are having the most absolutely perfect weather. We generally sleep with the windows open here, and I can't tell you how much it delights me to wake to the sounds of birds chirping. I really can't think of much in the world that makes me more upbeat than a beautiful spring day.

This week, our rhododendron is finally in full bloom. I have to tell you, it is the largest rhododendron bush I have *ever* seen. Everything I've read said that rhododendrons only ever get 4-8 feet tall, but ours is pushing 10 or 11 feet! That has to set some kind of record, right?!







(In all honesty, it probably needs a bit -- or a lot-- of pruning, but I can't bear to cut it!).

Since I'm in a pink mood, I thought I'd also share another card that I put together for Mother's Day.

This card was for my mother-in-law. I again pulled out the MFT Die-namics (the rolled flower and the layered label) to make quick work of this card.



I inked the edges of all of the layered dies to make the colors pop a bit and pasted them and my rolled flowers on the card front. I finished it all off with a bit of waxed twine and some tiny letter stickers.





Thanks for stopping by! Hope spring is springing up near you too!

Enjoy your evening! :)

4 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Super cute cards, love those flowers you did on both of the Mother's Day cards.

Muffin said...

Beautiful card!

Cath said...

Gorgeous rhodies, beautiful card! :)

artworx said...

I am your fan, where you get these from? I am looking forward to see more from you. I have bookmarked your blog as well. Thanks
paper craft

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails