Thursday, May 24, 2012

Get-Away, Got Away, Back in Business

Hi Friends! :)

Last weekend I flew the coop, so to speak.  I decided I had had enough of gardening and kittens and all other matter of wonderful but tiring things, so I took off to Dewey Beach, Delaware last weekend for a beach retreat with a few fine ladies.

It was only partially what I was expecting.  And by that, I mean it was insanely intense.  Lots of emotional sharing, lots of crying it out, some exasperated swearing... :)  Only vaguely like my normal every day life. :)  Aside from all that, though, there was lots of friendship, some beautiful sunshine, some (albeit slight) tanning on my part, a whole lot of wind, and of course... a couple of photos.














Beautiful place, I'll tell you.  But for me, any beach is.  I think I was born to just lay on the beach.  Is that a valid occupation? :)

Now that I'm back to reality (boo!), I of course have a card to share.  I figured since I just finished sharing some Mother's Day cards that I might as well move on to Father's Day in short order.  

I made this Father's Day card for my father-in-law a year ago and just never got a chance to share it.  The stamps are by Kim Hughes for CHF, but it just so happens that Paper Smooches just re-released the set.  So I'm actually kinda current, right?  How about that? :)


Hehehe!  I love that sleepy looking bear!


Had to get a close-up of the dimension.  I looooooove foam dots! :)



To make the card, I matted several yummy October Afternoon papers (from the Campfire collection) on white and kraft cardstock, popping some of them up on foam dots.  Then I colored my images with Copic markers, and popped them up on the card for a little dimension.  For the "woodgrain" look on the sign, I colored it all one lightish brown color to begin with, then kissed the edges with light, feathery strokes in different colored browns.  I added the sentiment in stickers, then added some liquid applique to the marshmallow and heated it to make it look puffy and toasted. :)  Then I added some Glossy Accents to the fire to really make it POP.  I finished off the card with two cute buttons and a bit of twine.

Supplies:
Stamps: "Happy Camper" by Paper Smooches
Papers: White cardstock, Navy cardstock, Kraft cardstock, DP by October Afternoon (Campfire)
Inks: Memento Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, White gel pen, Liquid Applique, Glossy Accents, Buttons by Papertrey Ink, Twine

Hope everyone has something fantastic planned for their Thursday.  It's the first nice day out this week, so I need to do some major work in the garden!

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...

5 comments:

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

Sand is great for a free pedicure!

Dana F. said...

Hi Kathy, you are one of my ten random blogs to visit from the Moxie Fab World Out and About blog hop. Such a cute card! Also the photos of your trip are beautiful! Let me know if hanging out on the beach becomes an official occupation in your area - I'm ready for that any time, too :-)

NanaBeth said...

Your card is adorable and your pictures are breathtaking!

Diana said...

Glad to see you back. I have checked every day for updates.

Donna said...

Hey silly girl ... it's not nice to tease us ... coming back and then disappearing again. Where are you? LOL :-) Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails