Thursday, August 9, 2012

Princesses.

(Guiltily poking my head out...)

Hey... ;)

How can you be upset with a face like this?

Ok, so I know I shouldn't feel guilty about not updating my own blog, but I do.  And it's guilt and feeling overwhelmed that's kept me from posting for several weeks now.  So I'm here to own up and face the firing squad.  Please be gentle. :)

All kidding aside, where has the spring and summer gone?!!

I have a whole lot of personal stress coming up in the next two months.  September is always hard because it's the anniversary of my dad's death.  But on top of it this year, it's also my wedding anniversary (which just makes you feel lousy when you're getting a divorce) and the anniversary of my husband's and my separation (which in Maryland law means that divorce proceedings can start).  But before that, I first have to get through August.  Which includes seeing off my closest local friend to Boston, the 4-month anniversary of my brother's death (today), and a trip home to Cleveland, which will be bittersweet at best.  I'm hoping I feel up to creating and blogging during this time, because I have a feeling that I'm going to need to find an anchor to keep me sane.

I still have a backlog of projects to share, so I guess I'll start with the oldest and work my way forward. :)  Today's project is something I made in January.  That's just how lax I've been on blogging.  Don't judge. :)

Remember that friend I just mentioned that's moving away?  Well, he has the two most adorable nieces I've ever seen in my life that he thinks the world of.  He was taking a trip home and the nieces were meeting each other for the first time, so I put these frames together for them to send him home with.  I think they were well-received.  I apologize that the photos aren't spectacular (Holy bad contrast!), because my camera died the day I was photographing them.  This is just one of those cases where the project looked much better in person.  Ah, well.






I picked up some wooden frames and doctored them up with some pretty patterned paper.  I sanded and inked the edges to give them a little flair. Then I colored some fun images from the DoodleFactory Fairytale Collection and embellished like crazy.  I love making these kind of things (though, I have to admit that the whole time I was making these things I was feeling jealous that I didn't have kids to make them for... or even my own nieces!)!

I really am going to try to hop on here more regularly.  I have a busy busy week coming up.  I'm headed "home" to Cleveland to spend some time with family, and especially with a cousin who's starting college in the fall.  I'll try to post while I'm away -- we'll just have to see how much "free" time I have.  Otherwise, I'll get back with you guys when I get home!

Hope everyone's having a great summer!
Enjoy your day!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog, and your greeting cards are so cute! I'm sure your friend's nieces loved the picture frames. Good luck with the next couple months. Keep crafting and blogging! :)

-Stephanie

scrappingnana said...

So sorry for all the stresses in your life but glad to see you posting again. Love the pretty name frames.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Lots of fun inspiration here. Great to have you back, and here's hoping the trying times lead to lots of creativity!

Donna said...

Hi Kathy. The frames are adorable and I'm so happy to see you posting again. Your work is always inspirational. Keep that smile on your pretty face. With much joy, Donna L.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails